This is probably the question I get asked the most as a Paper Crafts Pro… and it’s SUPER easy to answer!
Scotch ATG adhesive gun.
Originally designed for framers, Scotch saw how this tool could be adapted to the scrapbooking industry. They created the ATG 714 with it’s perfect 1/4″ width and their tapes with an archivally safe (Gold) option.
Here are a few reasons I love my ATG.
- It’s affordable. The dispenser itself is an investment, but quickly pays for itself as the tape refills run about $2.50 – $3.50, and lasts a loooong time.
- Easy to use. Tiny learning curve and then it’s super quick to adhere anything and everything!
- Love the tape. I use the 924 1/4″ tape. It’s super strong, but I can (and do often) pull off items with hardly any notice (except when paper is lightweight). I love that it’s semi-repositional, but also extremely strong.
- Great with ribbon and other embellishments. The 1/4″ width is perfect for most ribbon and really holds it down.
- It’s pretty big, but guess what? I never LOSE it on my messy creative work space!
- It never gums up.
- I’ve had my ATG for over 2 years and it’s still going strong.
- If you have more time on your hands than mine you can alter your ATG to reflect your own personal style… one day.
So, after all that… want one? I’ve done some of the leg work for you and found a great deal at cropandstick.com. For the next few days, they are offering the ATG 714 guns for $39.95!
Errr, not done yet. Even though I use my ATG probably 95% of the time, I also could not live without the following:
- Dotto Repositional Adhesive. This is great for little or intricute die-cuts. The dots stick to tiny spaces and then whatever is extra is left on the scrap paper underneath -without gumming up the die-cut.
- Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares. I love how these squares peel off so easily! I can cut the 1/2″ squares into tiny teeny pieces for really intricate paper crafting.
- Mini Glue Dots. So perfect for when you need a tiny, but strong adhesive. I use them with buttons, blossoms etc…
- Ranger’s Glossy Accents is my go-to adhesive when I need to add glitter, micro-beads and other hard-to-adhere additions.
Having the right adhesive can make a huge difference to your projects and your level of enjoyment in creating them. I know you probably have your own great adhesive picks and I would love to hear about them. Please take a moment and share!