Groovin’ With the Go-to Gals – Quick & Easy Place Cards for Your Holiday Feast

Groovin’ With the Go to Gals – Quick & Easy Place Cards for Your Holiday Feast

Betsy Veldman

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is a week away. I’ve been given my food assignment: mashed potatoes. Thank goodness! I’m pretty sure I’ll never have to bring made-from-scratch stuffing again after last year’s fiasco. The words “wallpaper” and “paste” come to mind. So, mashed potatoes it is! I can handle that.

So what’s your Thanksgiving like? Do you have an elegant sit-down dinner? Or are you more laid back? We get together with the entire crew on my dad’s side, since there are too many of us for a formal meal around a table. We do buffet style, so there is really no need for formal table decorations, place cards and the like, but this paper crafting girl can dream, right?

In case you’re the type that goes all out with your table décor (and if you are, I’m jealous!), I’ve got a few place card ideas for you today. When doing this sort of thing, I always reach for products and tools that allow me to easily make multiples. Stamps and die cuts are the first things that pop into my mind, so here we go…four different place card ideas, each one easily reproducible. I’m here to make your life easy.

This first card uses the largest die from the Labels 1 Nestabilities set. Just score and fold it in half, add a little stamping and you’re set! You can add the names by stamping them with alphabet stamps or print them using your computer like I did…super fast and easy!

4112166969 61b76d3e4b Groovin’ With the Go to Gals – Quick & Easy Place Cards for Your Holiday Feast

Next up is a little pocket card. I used the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cricut cartridge to cut these. The tag pulls out and is stamped with some journaling lines. I thought it would be fun to have a space for each guest to write something they are thankful for. The tags could then be hung on a little tree or kept for next year, or even used on a scrapbook page.

4112934898 6fe1026001 Groovin’ With the Go to Gals – Quick & Easy Place Cards for Your Holiday Feast

Next is a pocket made from a mini envelope. You can easily tuck a few berry sprigs (real or artificial) into the pocket for a simple, but elegant place card.

4112933302 a7813c8f88 Groovin’ With the Go to Gals – Quick & Easy Place Cards for Your Holiday Feast

And lastly, this one was made with the little pilgrim’s table in mind. I know my little turkeys would get a kick out of having their very own pilgrim hat place card. This was cut using my Cricut and the A Child’s Year cartridge.

4112167773 9ff573855e Groovin’ With the Go to Gals – Quick & Easy Place Cards for Your Holiday Feast

Well, here’s hoping you get your table all “set” for the upcoming holiday! I’d love to hear your ideas for holiday table décor! And if you’re looking for even more place card ideas, check out the Photo Finish column in the Nov/Dec issue of Paper Crafts, where five Go-to Gals show you a different way to personalized place cards by adding photos. So fun…your guests will love it!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal,
Betsy Veldman

P.S. It’s time to announce the winner of Melinda’s Happy Button Day post!

Rhonda (Nov. 16, 11:18 a.m.)

Congrats, Rhonda! You’ve won an assortment of buttons from American Crafts! Kelly will be contacting you shortly to get your mailing address. Thanks to all who left comments!

21 Responses to Groovin’ With the Go-to Gals – Quick & Easy Place Cards for Your Holiday Feast

1. Oh my gosh, you have great ideas. They are so cute that I actually got teary-eyed! Weird. Anyway, I think that these are the best/cutest cards I’ve ever seen. EVER–seriously. I guess that’s why you work for the magazine and I don’t…I hope that I’m not gushing too much. I’m just amazed at how clever and beautiful the place cards are!!! Keep the great ideas coming.

2. Donna VW says:

What great ideas! Thanks.

3. Cindy Holshouser says:

What beautiful place card ideas. Thank you! My sister has a medical condition that has made it so she can’t drive, or work, or do much at all really. She loves gardening and still does some of that and likes to make flower arrangements. So her {wonderful} husband just built her a 25 x 40 foot green house. We always have Thanksgiving at their place because they are the only one with a formal dining room. But this year – we are having dinner in the green house! So I do always make placecards and this year they’ll have to have a little gardening theme in them.

4. These are fab, Betsy! We do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Germany, but I`ll save your great ideas for Christmas dinner! Loooove these! Thanks for sharing!

5. I was so distracted by your beautiful cards that I forgot to mention how we celebrate Thanksgiving: We have sort of a small family, so we all fit in one room. But one year we had such wonderful weather (Orange County Calif) that we had it out on the patio! Beautiful.

6. jenn C. says:

beautiful place cards!

7. Rachel S says:

Cute projects, as always!

8. Well every year we go to my MIL’s house as that is the place to be for all the holidays but this year we will actually celebrate twice! Once at my MIL and once at my home on Friday and I plan to make it a wonderful event I will be crafting these cute pumpkins I saw online and have all the trimmings as it will be a special Dayafter Thanksgiving as I will have my dad come who I have not spoken to or seen in more then 8 years.. We started to talk again via email last week after a short phone call… I am looking forward to it because he will meet his beautiful Grandchildren he has never meet only via email these past weeks. So I have so much to be thankful this year I have to celebrate twice! :)

9. terisplace says:

Cute stuff, Betsy!

10. Nancy L. says:

very cute!

11. Diane says:

I have to admit, you’ve come up with some fantastic place card ideas and I just have to use them, although we’re a small group. I think they’ll be pretty impressed when they see a bit of my creative side added to the table and know it will add some “flare” to the table settings – this will make Thanksgiving more fun!

12. Kimberly S says:

Wonderful place setting ideas, I especially like the first one! I have mine still here on my desk…blank….lol Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

13. Charlene says:

How cute!! I love the place cards you’ve made… especially the one for the kiddos. Too cute!
    THank so much for sharing!
    SouthernMrs

14. Erika M says:

Wonderful placecards – I’m going to try some out for our feast this year!

15. OMG! That little pilgrim hat is pure genius! LOVE IT! I will be making some of those! Thanks for the sweet little ideas Betsy! ♥

16. Helen F. says:

Your place cards are so adorable! I played around with the idea of Thanksgiving dinner place cards this year too…your post has pushed my decision to YES, I’m, gonna do it (after I review my stuffing recipe :o )

17. Samantha T. says:

As always, amazing stuff, Betsy!

18. StampinCathy says:

Wow this is some great and inspiring ideas. Love the colors and details on all the projects. Can’t wait to get my magazine in the mail.

19. Melissa S. says:

Definitely inspired by these beautiful place cards!!! I especially LOVE the hat for the kiddos…TOO CUTE!!! Thanks so much for all the beautiful ideas! :)

20. Juanita in Ohio says:

Simply FABULOUS! Your placecards are very creative and cute. I LOVE the the thought you put into them and the colors. TFS.

21. Pingback: Thanksgiving Place Card Ideas « Ribbons Ribbons