Aww. Paint. How I love thee.
I love the way I can use you to change ugly orange letter stickers to a nice shade of cream.
I love that I can use you to make a pretty background by brushing you over and over on a boring piece of white cardstock.
Friends, you get the point. I like paint. I use it regularly when I paper craft.
And, today, I’m excited to share with you one of my absolute favorite techniques for paint on a card, straight from the pages of Card Creations, Volume 8!
On your mark. Get set. Look.
See those white lines? That is faux stitching.
It is hands-down one of the easiest looks to achieve with paint.
All you need is paint and a sewing pattern tracing wheel. You can get a pattern tracing wheel by raiding a seamstress’ tool box like I did. You can also usually find them for sale in the sewing notions aisle of your local craft store.
And here is what you do:
1. Squirt a dab of paint on scratch paper:
2. Repeatedly roll the tracing wheel through the paint until the wheel is fully covered:
3. Roll it out on the paper you want to use:
It really is as easy as that.
You can do so many things with the faux stitching technique.
Besides how I used it in Card Creations, Volume 8, you can use it to:
- Make grid and lined background papers.
- Draw circles around flowers and other embellishments. Figuring out how to get the wheel to go in an even circle can take practice so I recommend trying it on scratch paper before doing it on your project.
- Make hearts and other shapes. Again, be sure to practice first on scratch paper.
Want some paint to play with at home? The good folks at Eco Green Crafts have offered up some of their pretty paints for three lucky winners. Leave a comment for me and those paints just might be headed your way. All comments must be received by midnight (MDT) on Thursday, May 27. And as a special treat, Eco Green Crafts is giving ALL of our readers 20% off any online order. Visit their web site today and enter coupon code “PC510″!
Yours in painted fun,
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal
P.S. Be sure to check out the blogs of Jessica, Betsy, Kim. K., Kim H., Maren and myself today. We are posting cards created for Go-to-Challenge #2. This time, we are playing with products from Little Yellow Bicycle!
P.P.S. It’s time to announce the three winners from Kelly’s Meet Rae Barthel (Again!) post!
1. Jamie (May 24, 8:48 a.m.)
2. Amy (May 24, 5:47 a.m.)
3. Heather Ippolito (May 24, 11:28 a.m.)
Congrats, winners! Kelly will be contacting you shortly to discuss your prizes and get your mailing addresses. Thanks to all who left comments!