As the keeper of the trends here at Paper Crafts magazine, I’m back from CHA, I’ve had a chance to process and let everything I saw settle down into all my nooks and crannies, and I’m excited to bring you my bi-annual Trends by the Dozen report, friends.
These are the things that, as Susan and I walked the showroom floor, tended to start popping up everywhere. We’d see one or two of the same type of product here, then over there, and pretty soon they started adding up to bona fide trends.
So here they are, in living color. And while you don’t have to be trendy to be a paper crafter extraordinaire, sometimes it’s fun to know what products are hot so you can feel like you’re in the trendy loop.
1. Big Bling. Big box stores. Super-sized fast food. Jumbo packs. And big bling for paper crafters:
2. Plastic Flower Embellishments. Straight from a by-gone day:
3. French Influences. You’ll be saying “Merci beaucoup” and “Bonjour, mes amis” after working with this product straight from gay Paris:
4. Mist-ables. Mist and things to mist upon are still hotter than hot:
5. Doilies: Speaking of still hotter than hot:
6. Baker’s Twine. Tying it all up in style:
7. Domestic, Housewares, & Kitchen Icons. It’s all about the need to nest:
8. Canvas. Archi-texture has never been so stylin’ and easy to use:
9. Botanical. Take a walk on the natural side:
10. Lace on Paper. Looks good enough to touch:
11. Cabbage Roses. Straight from Grandma’s garden:
12. Hot Air Balloons. The runaway trend of the show:
Which of these trends floats your boat the most and why? I’d love to hear! Just leave me a comment by midnight (MDT) on Friday, Aug. 20 and I’ll draw five winners to each win a brand new paper collection (Curio, Jovial, Marjolaine, Pyrus or Wander) from BasicGrey!
I love it when trends come by the dozen,