After each issue, when we’ve chosen the projects that will grace the pages of our publication, it’s always fun to turn over the photocopies of the cards that were submitted to see who made them. You see, our submissions are judged blindly, meaning we only choose the best projects. It doesn’t matter WHO made the project, it merely matters that the projects chosen are well executed, well designed, and will ultimately inspire our readers.
When I’m back at my desk, I begin to sort the images of the chosen projects by name. There’ll be many familiar names and some I might not have seen in a while, but then there are those names that I might not be familiar with at all. It kind of makes my heart leap! I know that in the next 24 hours I will be sending an e-mail to that person letting her know that her project will be published in Paper Crafts magazine!
Card Creations: Favorite Occasions uncovered 14 new-to-Paper Crafts designers. One super special story behind this issue is that one of those 14 newcomers landed on the cover! I’m not sure that’s happened since I started working here almost two and a half years ago.
Alyssa Scritchfield’s eye-catching cover card on p. 36:
Sarah Jay contributed this great birthday card on p. 37:
Emily Branch created this cheery card (p. 67) to brighten someone’s day:
Eleven talented ladies joined these three as first-timers in Card Creations: Favorite Occasions:
- Kate Calvert’s Right at Home Card on p. 71 is a super cozy way to say thanks. (We featured it Friday in this post!)
- Lisa Dickinson’s Lucky Card on p. 68 evokes so much emotion, yet is still masculine enough for dad.
- Lisa Golzbein’s Little Cutie Pie Card on p. 47 is “oh so cute” just like the name of her blog.
- Lynnette Kauffman’s One of a Kind Card on p. 9 is super colorful and ultra whimsical.
- Chrissy Lux’s Dino-Mite Card on p. 31 (one of two cards for her in this issue!) is the perfect way to wish a little boy a very happy birthday.
- Regina Mangum’s Red, White, & Blue Card on p. 73 hits my patriotic heart to the core! (Click HERE to see how Kim Hughes was inspired by it!)
- Jaclyn Miller’s Your Bravery Card on p. 72 is just tough enough to thank a brave serviceman.
- Ashley Nguyen Newell’s What Lovely News! Card on p. 55 (one of two cards for her in this issue!) is simply elegant and perfect in every way.
- Tammy Roberts’s Sweet Baby Girl Card on p. 48 is so vintagely sweet and cuddly like a favorite quilt made by grandma.
- Diana Slaughter’s Cheers! Card on p. 43 makes me want to celebrate – Diana, you had me at champagne and rhinestone bubbles!
- Jenny Ward’s Happy Birthday Window Card on p. 44 is filled with girly charm and lots of lovely details.
Hope you have some time to visit their blogs to say hello! Let’s give ‘em some Paper Crafts love! And feel free to leave a congratulatory comment here too. I’ll pick three winners to receive a copy of Card Creations, Favorite Occasions! All comments must be received by midnight (MST) on Wednesday, Dec. 1.
Inspired by my new friends,
P.S. I hear Cath has another fun challenge up her trendy sleeves! Hop on over to Moxie Fab World for all the details!