Candied Popcorn by Alicia Thelin
- 20 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. flavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Mix butter, sugar, gelatin, corn syrup and water into a heavy bottom sauce pan.
2. Stir and bring to a boil, lower heat and allow to boil for 4 minutes WITHOUT stirring.
3. Remove from heat and add baking soda, stir until foamy.
4. Pour over popped popcorn in large metal bowl.
5. Stir/fold with rubber spatula to coat evenly.
6. Place in 300 degree oven for two 15 minute cycles, stirring after each.
7. Allow to cool.
Like the stylized version of Alicia’s recipe (as seen on her project)? Click HERE to download it from our web site.
~The Paper Crafts Team