After months of preparation for classes, excursions, and fabulous finery for formal nights onboard the Carnival Liberty, we gathered together in Miami, FL, to board the ship for a week of cruising bliss.
A few things we learned while cruising:
- Wear sunscreen!
- Skip packing perfume, and just head to the fun shops for a tester! (great tip, Jaclyn Miller!)
- Snorkeling takes skill.
- Trying new things like alligator fritters, frog legs, and shark is adventurous.
- A floppy hat is a must.
- Paper crafting at sea is a delight!
Let’s check out some more photos from the week!
Flat Cristina takes the Western Caribbean
- Flat Cristina got to enjoy the sun in her puffy jacket!
Gallery Idol Winner Cristina Kowalczyk gave up her Grand Prize of the cruise since she was unable to attend (she’s writing a novel as we speak!), but we didn’t want her to miss out on the fun. So, pint-sized Flat Cristina attended classes and took excursions with us! The cruise attendees got to know her and noticed her lovely cards in some of the complimentary issues they were given throughout the week. Flat Cristina also tested some local beers that she quite enjoyed!
Fabulous Shore Excursions
- Exploring colorful foreign ports and new places was intoxicating!
While we DID spend ample amounts of time making all sorts or paper crafted projects, there was plenty of time to take in the sights of our four ports: Cozumel, Belize, Roatan (Honduras), and Grand Cayman. While most of us are snuggling into the comforts of November, the Caribbean is alive with tropical bliss. Exotic animals, palm trees swaying, and miles of gorgeous beach and turquoise waters tantalized our very souls.
Fun New Friends!
- We gathered from around the world as strangers, and ended up as crafty friends!
Don’t they look relaxed and happy! They’ve had such a marvelous week. These ladies gathered from Washington, Maryland, Arizona, Georgia, Minnesota, Texas, and lots of states in between. We even had one adorable paper crafter come all the way from Australia (via Dubai!). You’ll notice in the center photograph that three ladies (Lori, Deb, and Judi from Michigan) got their room steward from Indonesia hooked on card making. We gathered a bag full of goodies for him to make cards to send back to his wife and kids at home. That night he told us that he was going to Skype with his wife to show her all of the new things. One of the Michigan ladies even gave him her trimmer. I just love how card making is such a universal joy!
Farewell Card Swap
- A few of the pretty cards I got at the card swap!
Gather a group of card making ladies, and they want to share their card making love. We spent the last night exchanging cards that we had lovingly made with each other, and the night ended with hugs and even a few tears. What an utterly amazing experience it was!
I actually have video footage of several of the attendees proclaiming the glories of their time on The Paper Crafts Cruise, but alas, no audio! Here are a few things that they shared:
Favorite things learned in the paper crafting classes:
- Shortcuts on cutting paper.
- Using corn starch to deaden the stick on stickers.
- Mass producing Christmas cards.
- Seasoning stamps when they are new.
- Making quick 10-minute cards that still look great!
Favorite memories of the cruise:
- Kissing a dolphin.
- The chocolate martini served by Roy at the Flowers Bar on ship.
- Swimming with the sting rays.
- Dressing up for formal nights.
- Meeting a lot of great people!
Today we’re giving one reader the opportunity to win the official Paper Crafts Cruise goodie bag as well as a few extra cards from the card swap (some of us made more than necessary)! Leave a comment Friday at 5 PM MST, and you could be the lucky winner!
Won’t you come cruise with us next time? We missed you!