Good morning my darling readers!
We have something very special planned for you this morning! We take birthdays very seriously here at Paper Crafts. So naturally, when it comes to celebrating our blog’s birthday, we take that very seriously as well. Take a look at our inaugural blog post back in February of 2009. (Three years later and we still love Magazine Monday!)
Today marks the third anniversary of our little paper-crafting baby. It’s been quite the journey, and in those three years we’ve written 1,002 posts and accumulated over 121,000 comments. That’s a lot of love from you guys!
Join us today as we relive some of our favorite blog memories from the past year! Want to see last year’s list? Click HERE!
1. Trends by the Dozen (Winter CHA) — February 22, 2011 Our Moxie Fab World blog host, Cath Edvalson, broke down the top trends from the CHA Winter 2011 show. Cameos, circuses, and of course, the ever-popular mustache! (P.S. Check out Kim Kesti’s 2009 post about mustaches HERE.)
2. Behind the Scenes of 350 Cards & Gifts — April 7, 2011 In this blog post, Susan takes you behind the scenes of one of our most popular issues!
3. A Day in the Life of a Paper Crafts Card — April 14, 2011 I loved this post by our managing editor, Kerri Miller. It’s an insider look as to what the life of a card is really like!
4. Freebie Friday: Stamping Royalty: From A to Z — April 15, 2011 This was one of my favorite posts of the year! Clever Kelly shared some secrets and little known facts about our 2011 Stamping Royalty winners… listed from A-Z. Check out the picture accompanying the letter “F”. It’s one of my all-time favorites!
5. Groovin’ with the Go-to Gals: I Dare You! — June 1, 2011 In this clever post by Go-to Gal Jennifer McGuire, she teaches us how to stamp with markers!
6. Groovin’ with the Go-to Gals: The Scrap Basket Challenge — July 27, 2011 This post by Go-to Gal Betsy Veldman was phenomenal. How many of us have scraps galore and in dire need of some organizational help? Enter the scrap basket. Scraps of patterned paper cut into 6×6 squares and stored in categorized bins. Organizational heaven.
7. The Paper Crafts Cruise Part I & II — November 17, 2011 What better way to escape the winter chill than boarding a cruise and heading to the tropics, all while crafting?! Kim Kesti, Teri Anderson and our very own Susan Opel hopped on board and sailed for one glorious week on the Paper Crafts cruise in November!
8. Paper Crafts Countdown: 2011 Highlights — December 30, 2011 From the Paper Crafts cruise to announcing our new Go-to Gals, this post has all the highlights from 2011. Complete with photos, of course!
9. Cool Tools Week: Unlock the Crafty Potential of Your Computer — January 12, 2012 Susan Opel walks us step-by-step through the process of using your computer to create sentiments! Trust me, you’ll want to read this one!
10. Happy Blogiversary, Paper Crafts Connection — February 6, 2012 What this, you ask? How can today’s post already be a favorite? Well I will tell you how. Because if you scroll down just a teensy bit, you will see a sneak peek from our Party Ensembles. Remember, we have one away last week? Below is a birthday ensemble, created by Sarah Martina Parker. And we think it’s worthy to celebrate our blogiversary!
Thank you for sharing our birthday with us! We hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as we have!
Here’s to another year! We hear four is a really fun year…