I love everything about Easter! From the sweet colors, fresh grass, and newly bloomed flowers to the time that we get to spend with our loved ones dyeing and hunting Easter eggs and celebrating the meaning of the season. I don’t think you can beat it.
Are you ready for Easter? Holly reminded us last week that the holiday was on the horizon. And did I get busy to start making my Easter cards like I should have? No. I waited, like I usually do. And here it is, the week before Easter and I have no Easter cards. So what is one to do?
Is it too late to make those cards? No way! Even though Easter is less than a week away, you can at least put together a couple of cards for your most special friends or family members.
These four cards I made in about an hour.
Here are a few tips for putting together cards quickly:
1) Mass produce! For the cards above, I did the following:
- stamp all of the images (set aside to dry)
- make all of the card bases and cut patterned papers to the size of the card
- die cut borders on patterned paper & stamped images
- assemble pieces
- embellish with bows, buttons, border stickers and pearls
2) Stamping once is much faster than stamping twice. When shopping for products choose one stamp that has both an image and a sentiment.
3) Keep it simple. Use one sketch for all of your cards. Make each card look different by changing out patterned papers and colors of embellishments.
4) Using one collection, a 6×6 paper pad, and a few packs of embellishments by the same manufacturer go a long way, and it saves you the time and stress of matching it all up yourself. (Here I used Doodlebug Design’s Hello Spring collection.)
So what are your plans for Easter? Will you be crafting anything special for it? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment on this post, and one of you will win some goodies from the Hello Spring collection by Doodlebug Design and the Classic Bracket Edgeabilities® by Spellbinders™. All comments must be received by Friday, April 6th at 5 pm MST.
Here’s to a great holiday!
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal