Paper Crafts digital issues – tips and tricks

jenniferblogshot 225x300 Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

Jennifer Schaerer

It’s hard to believe, but we now have a full year of Paper Crafts available digitally. That’s six issues and 552 pages of inspiration, how-to, and insight right at your keyboard!

We’ve been learning how to use our digital issues right alongside all of you, and every time you ask a question we get to learn something new ourselves as we dig in and find the answer. The most popular question recently has been how to access the archives if you’re reading the most current issue.

7399197382 e55da471ee Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

See that suitcase icon where the red arrow is pointing? Click on it to access our digital archives!

7399197522 3ee895b0f9 Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

Click on the link to "Archives" - but be sure to explore the other options on this page as well. You can view single pages, flag pages, make notes, and so much more!

7399196946 23a72e64c0 Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

Ta da! The archives are right there - no matter when you subscribed. If you're signed up for digital access, all archived issues are yours to browse.

Simple, right? But that’s not my favorite tip…did you know that you can jump directly to a column or feature right from the Table of Contents pages? This is so handy and I use it all the time.

7399197232 213b8cf13e Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

See how the title of the Paper Crafts 101 column is highlighted? Just hover your mouse over a title and that little box appears telling you to “click to go to page 88.” Just click and go!

Even better than that – any photo or other page reference on the entire Table of Contents will direct link you to that part of the issue if you just hover your mouse over it. Pretty cool, huh?

One last tip for this little tutorial, and it’s something we’ve been so excited to bring you in each issue. Did you know that our digital issues are actually about 12-15 pages bigger than our print issues? Yep, we add exclusive digital content to almost every feature and sometimes even a column.

7399236678 fe0dd4af59 Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

You'll know you're in the exclusive online content when you see the medallion and page tab.

If you’re a print subscriber and haven’t already set yourself up for digital access, you can do that HERE. I think one of the best parts of digital access is the early delivery of each issue. You receive an email with a link to the new issue about a week before print copies are even mailed out, so you get the very first look at all the paper crafting inspiration coming your way.

Which reminds me…ANOTHER quick tip:

7399424532 44671e8e2a Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

You can always access digital issues from our home page at PaperCraftsMag.com. You can also subscribe to digital-only access using the link in the upper right corner of the same screen.

Okay, now I’m REALLY done. But if you have any questions or ideas, I’d love to hear them so please leave a comment so I know what kind of lessons to include in my next how-to post. Maybe downloading the issue to your desktop so it’s portable? Or how to print one or all pages in the issue? Speak up!

Digitally yours,

Jennifer thumbnail Paper Crafts digital issues   tips and tricks

This entry was posted in Behind-the-Scenes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Paper Crafts digital issues – tips and tricks

1. Carmen Lucero says:

Great hints!! I didn’t know I could jump to an article – saves time! Yes, I would like to know how to download for easy access. Thank you!

Hugs,

Carmen L

2. DolliN says:

Downloading to an e-reader, like Nook Color?

3. Cat says:

Would love to know if I can download a PDF to keep on my iPad ! Great post. Thank you.

4. P says:

I bought the July/August issue which had an insert saying I could get a free digital download of the Holiday Cards and More. How do I get that? Thanks

5. paper crafts online says:

I hope you’re enjoying your July/August issue! As for the download of Holiday Cards & More, you’ll have to go to papercraftsmag.com/hcm6. From there it will show you how to download your issue. Be aware that it is a pretty big download, so it may take several minutes for it to upload on your computer. I hope that helps!

6. Christi says:

Thanks! Just added the digital access to my paper subscribtion!

7. Pingback: My Published Card in Paper Crafts July/August 2012 Magazine | My Bliss

8. lisa says:

I am not able to bring up- papercraftsmag.com/hcm6- so fustrating!

9. Nancy Breezer says:

I am not able to bring up Papercraftsmag.com/hcm6 either. I do not find the download. Is the link on papercraftsconnection.com where I found this blog?

10. Nikki says:

I’m glad I’m not alone in not being able to find the Christmas in July download of Holiday Cards. I also can’t find the Sweepstakes page but I haven’t been able to find that for two years. Needing help please!

11. C says:

Hi,
    I too just purchased the July/August edition, and would LOVE to download the Holiday Cards. Similar to the other readers’ comments above: can’t figure out how.
    Looking forward to receiving your help – and thank you so much for an amazing magazine and website. Your creations are inspiring!
    C

12. Patricia says:

I am unable to find the Site to get the free download of the digital copy of Holiday Cards at PaperCraftsMag.com/HCM6. It was an insert with a paper Crafts magazine that I purchased. Could you please let me know where I could get the download? Thanks! Love your magazine!

13. MARY ELLEN says:

this is sooooooo frustrating not to be able to find the FREE DOWNLOAD even when a rep of the mag tells you where it is and how you can find the instructions there….. well, you can’t! how do we do it?????

14. Kim says:

I also purchased this magazine with an insert advertising the free Christmas in July download. I followed the directions and was continually sent right back to this page. As this issue of the magazine is still available in book stores, shouldn’t the free download still be accessible?

15. Diane says:

I HAVE TO AGREE! I am also unable to download the FREE Christmas in July digital copy! Very frustrating, indeed. You must be receiving many, many comments on this subject. I sent an email to customer service at Paper Crafts Magazine several weeks ago, and have yet to hear back. I purchased this issue especially for the download, because I enjoy beginning Christmas projects in July during the hottest days of summer. Responding to your loyal customers in a timely fashion should not require so many requests for help!

16. Jeana says:

when someone locates the Holiday card Christmas in July download, please let me know!! I’ve copied and pasted and it still comes up things that make no sense. I’m new to this soooooo….HELP!!

17. Cindy says:

Yes I too cannot download the holiday cards mag. Cant find it anywere???

18. alicia says:

still trying to find a way to download the free Christmas in July

19. Pingback: Paper Crafts digital issues – MORE tips and tricks | Paper Crafts Connection

20. Connie rakes says:

Still looking for the free download hcm6, anyone had any luck?

21. Pingback: For the Love of Autumn and Good Books! | Paper Crafts Connection

22. Donna Heckenlaible says:

Can’t get signed up, screen keeps going away.
    very frustrating.

23. Pingback: Paper Crafts Magazine/Paper Crafts časopis « Elizabeta Kushner

24. Patti S. says:

I, too, have been trying to download the free digital copy of Christmas in July, since I purchased the magazine over a month ago. Is there any solution to the problems I am having?? Help!

25. Suzi Graves says:

I have tried to access the digital issues and in doing so it will not accept my email/password. Can you help me out? I would really appreciate it–I love your magazine!

26. karen o'brien says:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who can’t download this special “bonus”. Why the magazine doesn’t respond to these questions/complaints is beyond me and very very disappointing. I’ll reconsider continuing my subscription. As we said in Brooklyn as a kid, “whatta gyp!”

27. Pingback: Introducing our Premiere Issue for 2013! | Paper Crafts Connection

28. Pingback: 10 Things I Love about Paper Crafts magazine | Paper Crafts Connection

29. Pingback: Paper Crafts digital issues – Tips and Tricks Part III | Paper Crafts Connection

30. Pingback: Paper Crafts – our digital issue is going BIG! | Paper Crafts Connection

31. Cheryl says:

I also bought the May/June 2013 Paper craft issue which has a free download of Card ideas for paper crafters, the 288 inspiring card issue. How do I get it?

32. Arturo says:

Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of
    volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a extraordinary job!

33. DJT says:

I am trying to download my FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! offered in the November/December 2013 issue of Paper Crafts and cannot do it. This is very frustrating and a bit like false advertising. Won’t be buying another issue of Paper Crafts.

34. Lisa Edie says:

I am in the same boat. My free holiday card mag will not load on my ipad. Other issues do without problem, what’s up? (On a side note it works on the laptop, but that is not at all convenient. )

35. Gaye Walter says:

I too am unable to access the Subscriber Services I have tried multiple times.

I am not happy about you going digital, and when my current sub runs out I will not be renewing. I am computer savvy, but cannot read the mags in bed.

Sorry I will miss you! Gaye Walter

36. Gaye Walter says:

If enough of your readers are having problems with the digital edition and downloads. You just might miss us, as your subscription numbers decline.

37. Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on your site.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You have done a great job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally
    recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.

38. Barbara Slager says:

Been on the phone, finally got some info, cannot access acct. Just send my $$ back. I sent in a check last Oct. & the website says my Zip code is invalid! Come on now… I am tired of this – Not worth the effort. Sorry. Barbara Slager, cardmaker.

39. Been on the phone, still cannot access info. Please send my $$ back –not worth the effort. Website is difficult to manage. Am sure nobody reads this, but I have been trying since I paid in Oct. Done. not worth it.

40. Gloria Ruddick says:

I have difficulty every time I try to access my digital issues. First my email address wasn’t correct. I thought your Customer Service personnel corrected it but it still isn’t right. the only way I can get to your magazines is through Customer Service and I’m getting tired of doing that. I like the content of your magazines but I like having a paper copy to look at anytime I want. When my subscription expires I will not renew.