Creative Spaces Vol. 2 – on the way!

jenniferblogshot 225x300 Creative Spaces Vol. 2   on the way!

Jennifer Schaerer

As crafters, we love to see how others are storing their stash and decorating their crafty nooks. How awesome would it be if HGTV launched a show called “Craft Room Crashers” with a hunky host who hung out in Michaels, JoAnn, or Hobby Lobby seeking a lucky woman for a major craft room makeover? I can just see the mayhem…elbows flying, displays tumbling, carts rolling…all in the name of a dream craft room to juice our creativity.

Ahem. We take our crafting seriously, HGTV.

But until that happens we’ve got Creative Spaces – a special issue published by Paper Crafts’ sister magazine Creating Keepsakes and hosted by Megan Hoeppner, creative editor. The first volume went on sale last year, and if you missed it you can still get a copy HERE and catch a sneak peek HERE.

8148973126 a4ae1b1808 Creative Spaces Vol. 2   on the way!

Creative Spaces Volume 1 - if you missed it last year, get your copy today!

It was wildly popular, so what else would we do except create a second volume? Yep – it’s true. And only 8 short weeks until you can find it on newsstands and in our online store.

8148147793 c4d48dcfd3 Creative Spaces Vol. 2   on the way!

Creative Spaces Volume 2 - on sale January 8th!

I admit it – I was completely inspired by the wide variety of ideas, colors, organization tricks and overall crafty approaches in the first volume of Creative Spaces. So when Megan asked if my craft space had potential for being featured in the second one, I thought about it for a minute. Then I hesitantly said yes, forgetting that—in the category of *ahem* keeping it real—my workshop is NEVER magazine ready. Let’s just say I had a busy couple of weekends before the photo shoot. icon smile Creative Spaces Vol. 2   on the way!

It’s been a work in progress for well over a year, starting out as a junk-filled space in my unfinished basement. Then, when the pallet from Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters followed me home one day last spring, it was just the inspiration piece I needed to  create a workshop that fits me to a T. It’s not fancy or full of fabulous furniture (it’s an unfinished basement, after all) but it reflects exactly who I am and inspires my creativity. Isn’t that what matters most in your creative space?

8148147053 d98921aaaf Creative Spaces Vol. 2   on the way!

See that room down there in the lower left corner? That's my workshop!

Being on the other side of a photo shoot for a change was interesting. I’ve got a lot more detail and behind the scenes photos to share, but that will have to wait until later. I can tell you, however, that having seen the proofs for this issue I know you’ll find hundreds of fantastic ideas and tons of inspiration. There are some AMAZING spaces in those pages! And 8 weeks will fly by, so mark your calendars for January 8th and look for this one on newsstands. You’ll want it, trust me.

Oh, and be sure visit the Creating Keepsakes blog today, too, because Megan is giving a few more sneak peeks that you won’t want to miss.

Until January 8th,

Jennifer thumbnail Creative Spaces Vol. 2   on the way!

This entry was posted in Creative Spaces and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Creative Spaces Vol. 2 – on the way!

1. DebbieC says:

Definitely want to see more!

2. Dee in NH says:

I can’t wait!!!!! I just got my own room and I so need some organization ideas!

3. Shereen says:

I have the first issue. It’s my “Wish Book”. I’ll be waiting for the second! And sign me up for that makeover show to… when I actually get a space to makeover.

I loved the first issue and can’t wait to get my hands on this one! I, too, have my craft space in the basement. It’s composed of odds and ends of furniture, shelves and a wall of pegboard my husband installed and gets much use. Right now, it needs a good cleaning and reorganization but maybe I’ll wait until the mag comes out for inspiration (and my Christmas projects will be completed).

5. Buffe says:

I LOVE your HGTV show suggestion….. now that’s a show I’d watch!

6. Pingback: Creative Spaces Vol. 2-on the way! | Creating Keepsakes Blog

7. pamela says:

YES YES YES! I loved the first one and I know the 2nd one will be just as amazing!

8. Lee says:

I need to reorganize – this will be a good issue for me!

9. Colleen says:

I think you should contact HGTV and let them know of your awesome idea and then you can send them over to my house and they could help me out with my “craft room”, because we all know everyone could use a little (or a lot) of help organizing their craft rooms. I would love to have either craft space on either cover. I will need to be going to pick this one up in 8 weeks – hope I can wait that long (like I haven’t waited longer then that already to get my room into shape) :)

10. Toni Storie says:

Apparently I need this new issue and the back issue. How did I miss this last year? I’m sure that I am one of many who could be raw material for a makeover show! I have recently been searching on line for design ideas for my room. I have an odd shaped room with sloped ceilings. Did I mention that I really need ideas? Thank for the timely post!!

11. Lisa Norstrom says:

Have a great craft space, but can always use new ideas for storage or learn ways to store items more effectively – gonna have to check it out!

12. Lucy says:

It looks like another must-have. I’m always trying to make my craft room look nicer so I’ll want to spend more “quality time” there. Organization and storage help is always welcome, too.

13. Trish says:

Man, I been saying this since YardCrashers started. HouseCrashers should do a craft room show. Or what about Mom Caves…where are the craft room re-dos!!! Ok…I’m off my soapbox!!! I need this magazine in the worst way….I need better storage. Thanks for listening!!!

14. Amy K says:

I really enjoyed the 1st issue, and can’t wait for the 2nd.

15. Sounds exciting, and your HGTV idea was great. They need some NEW ideas. I’m still missing “Country Style” and Kitty’s “Your Home”. Always a fun venture getting new ideas and improving the organization in a “Creative Space” . Thanks for the heads up.

16. How fun!! I can’t wait to see more.

17. Helen F. says:

This looks like a GREAT organizational tool to have! Looking forward to seeing this issue up close and personal :)

18. Nikki C says:

Love to stay oganized and love a new way to do it can’t wait for the 2nd issue !!!

19. Pendra says:

I hear that Melissa Phillips space is in the new issue and it will be so great to see her space and where she creates all her amazing projects! Can’t wait to get my hands on this 2nd issue!!

20. Pingback: “Creative Spaces, Volume 2″ by Creating Keepsakes … Almost Here! | Organized Scrapbooking