Groovin’ with the Go-to Gals: Wrap It Up

Kim headshot 187x300 Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

Kim Kesti

If you are anything like me, you have a good-sized stack of holiday gifts just waiting to be wrapped. I thought it would be fun to show you a few ideas for making those gifts special using paper-crafting supplies. Hopefully you will be inspired and might just look at your stash in a whole new light.

8280914485 5c3bfdc604 Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It UpFirst, I decided on doing a “natural” theme this year, so I gathered up items that would fit the bill: twine, wood buttons, feathers, kraft tags, etc. I also added several sheets of neutral patterned paper. (I wrapped all of the following gifts first with kraft paper).

8281970524 d4a107b929 Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up1. Tear patterned paper (Basic Grey) and adhere to gift, layer tag with chipboard (Crate Paper), a small piece of greenery, and wrap with twine.

8280914955 4ac0e82acb Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up2.  Simple, but one of my favorites: wrap twine around package, tie closed with wood button (Stampin’ Up) and wood banner tag (My Mind’s Eye), insert feather.

8281970316 e02072004c Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up3.  Affix doily sticker (Basic Grey) to package, layer wood tree (Target) and tie together with twine.

8281970724 1d15fdb748 Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up4.  Trim piece of wood grain contact paper (Wal-Mart) and affix to package, tie on wood tag with twine, and add letter stickers (American Crafts).

8280915121 01cf1c9fcf Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up5.  Trim (2) 2 ½ X 12” pieces of patterned paper (Studio Calico) to create rosette (score every ¼”, fold and glue); layer with doily sticker (My Mind’s Eye) and tie with twine.

8280914785 f6a398d598 Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up6.  Wrap banner (Studio Calico) around package, adhere; layer tag (Fancy Pants Design), frame (Jillibean Soup) and button (Stampin’ Up), and tie with twine.

8281970102 a97840dbaa Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

PinExt Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up7.  Affix sticker (My Mind’s Eye) to kraft tag and adhere fawn with glue dots; tie tag with twine and insert piece of greenery.

8280914569 e4df2ddf3e Groovin’ with the Go to Gals: Wrap It Up

Here’s a view of the paper I used. The busier patterns will just get kraft tags and I hope to make a few twig stars for the last paper on the right (this one I am saving for bigger gifts).

I am hopeful that these simple ideas will spark your creativity! We probably won’t touch base until next year, so have a great holiday and a very happy new year, okay?

Cheers,

Kim Kesti, Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

This entry was posted in Groovin' with the Go-to Gals and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Groovin’ with the Go-to Gals: Wrap It Up

I love the simplicity of the paper and the natural elements you added. Perfect!

2. coco says:

Very classy… and almost too pretty to open!

3. kathy/NorthCarolina says:

Sooooooo beautiful. I would hate to open the packages!

4. Barbara Martin says:

I love these! The neutral colors and natural elements are wonderful!

5. Mary Bee says:

Absolutely fantastic, Kim. I love every aspect and am so inspired to go ahead and wrap my presents the “natural” way. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year.

6. wida says:

I loved them all. what cool papers too!

7. Kim is a crafty wrapping genius! I almost picked up a roll of that woodgrain contact paper at Walmart yesterday. Guess I’ll have to go back today and get some. :)

8. barbara lassiter says:

Thanks for the great ideas. I love to use kraft paper and always have some on hand. Wrapping gifts is not exactly a chore, but when you can turn it into something creative, it is more fun!

9. bzyPTmom says:

Lovely ideas! Gotta start looking at that stash in a different way, thanks for the push!

10. Lory C. says:

Absolutely beautiful! Now I want to know how you find the time to wrap like that? Thank you for sharing!

11. Tona says:

I loved all of these!!!

12. I went natural this year too !!! I didn’t have enough time to make them as awesome as these, but I’m hanging on to these ideas for next year! Thank you!! I really love the patterned paper idea!

13. wow totally fabulous gift wrapping ideas..love it all

14. Ali Manning says:

Awesome ideas – I can’t wait to try some of these ideas!

15. Lucy says:

I love the natural look of these. Oh, I’d open them…but I’d take pictures first. ;-) Thanks for all the great ideas this year. Can hardly wait to see what you’ll have for us in 2013.

16. Pingback: CraftCrave | Blog | Freebies for Printable Scrapbooking or Cardmaking (large): Thursday, 20 Dec 2012

17. Frances Peets says:

So beautiful – all of them! Thanks for the ideas.

18. Amy R says:

Love all of these!! Thanks for the amazing inspiration.

19. Therese says:

Fantastic! Thanks for the inspriation!

20. Julie S says:

Fun ideas. Never thought of using contact paper.

21. Ruth G says:

What a wonderful effect and theme! I love the idea of the twig star with the star paper, too! TFS!!!

22. linda lopez says:

where did you get the little fawn for the tag?????? i love it!!

23. Dreama says:

I love these ideas and just hope I can remember or next year. SO beautiful.

24. Chris Wooten says:

How beautiful this package would make anyone feel special knowing you cared so much not only for the present inside, but the presentation of the package as well….Way to go..I will be trying some of these on my packages. Thanks for the great ideas and giveaways.

Merry Christmas to all

chris@iwooten.com

25. Noreen says:

These are all lovely ideas! What I especially like about them is the vintage/hand crafted look.