You might be a Stampy Stamper if . . . . .
1) You buy alcohol-free baby wipes in bulk and you don’t even have a baby.
2) You steal your son’s/husband’s/brother’s plastic baseball card organizers to organize your many stamps.
3) Kissing and “Smooches” mean something entirely different to you.
4) You spend your Friday evenings watching embossing powder turn from a powder to a solid and get giddy over it.
5) You know the difference between dye ink, pigment ink, and solvent ink and which works best on felt, wood, paper, glass, plastic, burlap, etc.
6) You look at your food and decide it would make a great handmade stamp.
7) You know how to properly pronounce Tsukineko.
8) You are often caught browsing the $1 stamp bins at your local Michael’s.
9) You don’t mind getting a little dirty when you paper craft.
10) You describe colors as Onyx Black, Latte, and Baja Breeze.
11) The first column you read when your Paper Crafts magazine arrives is Stamping Techniques.
If you can relate to the above, then you are indeed a Stampy Stamper and you should pay extra special attention to the following announcement.
The 2013 Stamping Royalty Contest is right around the corner! We’ve gathered up a fabulous prize package of product worth over $750 from some of your favorite stamp and ink manufacturers to award to 15 winners.
Do I have you attention yet? Here’s what you need to do to enter.
1) Create an original STAMPED card (You’d be surprised at how many people forget to stamp on their card entries!) for the following occasions:
- Christmas/Season’s Greetings
- Hello/Thinking of You
- Thank You
2) Send in your card entry to our office for judging. Entries must be postmarked by April 8, 2013. Check out the official rules for the specifics.
3) Wait patiently for your winning card to be picked and published in the Nov/Dec 2013 issue of Paper Crafts magazine along with your picture in your reigning Stamping Royalty Crown.
It’s pretty easy to enter, but the competition is fierce. Get those stamps and inks out and get started on your Mona Lisa original! We can’t wait to see what you’ve created. Here is a favorite from the 2012 winning entries found in the Nov/Dec Paper Crafts issue to get your creative juices flowing.
P.S. I’d love to hear some other fun quirks you noticed that makes for a passionate Stampy Stamper! Leave your comment and I’ll pick one winner to receive a stamping kit from Close to My Heart, including a nice big alphabet stamp set, acrylic block, mini pigment ink stack, and stamp cleaning spritz and brush!
All comments must be received by Monday, February 4th at 5 pm MST!