Happy Valentine’s Day, dear readers of Paper Crafts Connection!
I sure hope you’re feeling the love from family and friends today. I bet you sent a mailbox full of pretty paper-crafted cards to celebrate this auspicious occasion, right?
In my mind, there’s nothing better than a day to express your love for the people who make your life rich. It’s a day to contemplate what you love. And how can you not love that? So in the spirit of love, I thought I’d share with you:
10 Things I Love about Paper Crafts magazine
1. I love special issues. Beside our magazine issues, these issues give you just a little more, with abundant inspiration and learning experiences. Here are three of my all-time favorites: Card Design Handbook, 75 Creative Card Challenges, and Color Inspiration for Card Makers.
2. I love our videos. We know you live in an online world, so we’ve been working hard to put together instructional videos to help you learn and grow in your craft. Be sure to check them out! Here’s a still shot of Senior Editor P. Kelly Smith last June setting up for a segment about creative uses of embellishments.
3. I love paper crafting products. And don’t we all? There’s just something invigorating and thrilling about organizing them and looking at them, and YES, using them!
4. I love our Pinterest boards. And Pinterest as a whole, truth be told! Head on over to our Pinterest page, and you’re sure to find inspiration right away. I especially love browsing the Free Downloadable Sentiment board. There are some pretty fun Valentine sentiments you could snag and use today.
5. I love paper crafting cruises. We’re planning another humdinger of a cruise with our sisters from Creating Keepsakes magazine. Won’t you join us as we set sail on the beautiful blue Caribbean come this September? Awesome sponsors. Amazing ship. Is it legal to have this much fun? Here’s a picture from our last cruise in 2011.
6. I love Operation Write Home. Our friends at Operation Write Home work very hard to send boxes of handmade cards to our deployed troops so that they can keep in touch with their loved ones at home. Through our mail-in contests, we are able to send thousands of cards to this amazing organization!
7. I love our digital issues. Not sure why this is a big secret, but our digital issues (FREE to subscribers) have a wealth of projects that don’t appear in the paper issues. Check out this blog post and this one, too, to unlock what you’ve been missing in our digital issues.
8. I love making connections. Ask most paper crafters what they love about this hobby, and they’ll likely mention the people they’ve met. I’m no different. Since the first time I walked through the door of a scrapbook store in Fort Wayne, IN, 10 years ago, I’ve met some of my favorite people. We just get each other. It’s pretty phenomenal, if you ask me!
9. I love making cards. Shocking, I know. But really, making cards allows me to put to use all of the knowledge I get from our special issues and from watching all of the talented people I’ve come into contact with. It gives me a chance to use all of that glorious product AND brighten someone’s day at the same time! Here’s a card I made in honor of today using non-traditional mustard paired with pink.
Today, I want to share the love with you! Leave a comment about what you love, and one lucky commenter will win my three favorite special issues and the Lots of Love stamp set and cherry grosgrain ribbon from our friends at Avery Elle! Just leave your comment by Monday, February 18th at 5 pm MST.
I love Paper Crafts magazine!