Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!

Stacy Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!

Stacy Croninger

Hi everyone,

Last week I was traveling for work, and one evening we wandered into a consignment shop full of treasures old and new. It was fun looking at the china patterns, jewelry designs, and old toys. And then I rounded a corner and there perched on a shelf was this delightful bottle of buttons! As a button collector (or hoarder) I could hardly contain my excitement, especially when I saw the price was a mere $10 for all the buttons, plus a unique jar too.

8601128052 282075dea9 Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!

What to do with all those buttons

For those of you who haven’t acquired a love of buttons, let me share a few projects and ideas to get the old creative juices flowing and possibly convert you to the never ending hunt for must-have buttons.

8600028923 f45346b41f Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!

This is a frame I made a few years ago. It’s a simple, white frame from a craft store that I patiently adhered buttons to. I used glue dots, but hot glue or liquid glue would have worked just as well. And notice that not all the buttons are pure white; some are clear and others have a hint of brown. I like the hodge-podge look this creates.

8601127978 5b071c4d45 Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!Image source

This fun card caught my eye on Pinterest with its beautiful color combination and the adorable jar filled with buttons. Such a cute design and the perfect way to showcase your buttons.

8600028941 a59cc55bb0 Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!Image Source

Look at the layers of goodness on this ice cream cone tag! The happy colors just add to the design, plus the beloved buttons are the focus.

8601128148 348da54e86 Button, Button, Who has a Button Project! Image source

This gorgeous card has me hunting down clear buttons to create this design. The cool thing about clear buttons is you can stamp on the back of the buttons or adhere patterned paper and create a custom look. The possibilities are endless!

Now you can see why I love buttons so much. With so many colors, designs, and shapes, they are the perfect accent for any project.

Have fun creating!

stacysigthumb Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!

26 Responses to Button, Button, Who has a Button Project!

1. Jean Marmo says:

Love the buttons! Great projects to show them off!

I love buttons also. I have both of my grandmothers button boxes filled with so many new and used buttons. It’s just fun to look through them. These are beautiful projects and I use a lot of buttons also. However, putting a lot of buttons on a card you are going to mail will result in spending more $$$ for postage. : (

3. Karen Bull says:

That is awesome! What a great idea.

4. Judy says:

I also love buttons; these are great inspiration photos!!

5. Tamika R says:

Buttons are one of my favorite embellishments

6. Oooo…great ideas! All four of these projects are very inspiring.

7. barbara lassiter says:

Love buttons and have a collection, too! I played with my Grandmother’s button jar as a child when I would visit her and I knew I would have a collection one day, too! I seldom make a card that I don’t enhance with a button!!!!

8. Lenny says:

Wooow!! Great inspiration!!
    Lovely cards and projects!!
    Love buttons…I just need to use ‘em more!
    Thanks for sharing this!!
    Have a great weekend

9. paper crafts online says:

Sue, you are correct, mailing them does add to the cost so I typically save them for projects I know I’m hand delivering or only use one or two so it doesn’t cause a problem.

I’m so glad there are others that love buttons as much as I do. I loved going through my grandma’s button containers.

StacyC

10. Tona says:

I confess, I am a button hoarder. I really like the way buttons were used on these cards.

11. Atticelf says:

I love buttons too. When I was little my mom had a big jar full of buttons and I used to love to take it out and play with them.

12. Darlene Satkewich says:

Gorgeous projects! Thanks for the ideas!

13. chark says:

yay for lovely finds!

14. Randa Money says:

Years ago my mother sent me hundreds of buttons (before I was into card making) and I didn’t know what to do with them but I loved them. I had a small craft room so I used them as a border around the room. It looked like a mosaic. I put them up with party tack so that when we moved I could take them with me.

15. I love hoarding buttons, but rarely know what to do with them! I also found a huge jar of vintage buttons for 10 bux at an antique store, it was thrilling! It was like finding treasure :)

16. Mendi Yoshikawa says:

Wow! What a find! Love every single one of these button cards! :)

17. I love your jar of buttons and these great projects using them!

you don’t even want to get me started on ALL my jars of buttons – vintage and new both….. too many to count and I still collect them! :)
    I’m always on the lookout for more vintage ones though. can never have too many in my opinion!

18. Donna Sue says:

I love buttons too–I have tins, separated by color and everything! Some are mine from sewing projects and some my Grandmother gave me. She was a fabric hoarder as well–have to buy it first, then think of something to make with it!

19. liz O says:

thanks for the inspiration!
    have a great day!

20. Linda Beeson says:

I just love looking at a jar filled with lots of old buttons! These are great ideas for using that stash.

21. Lucy says:

I love buttons, too. I’m in the process of getting supplies together to make a bracelet for a friend out of her mother’s old buttons. At least I know they won’t end up in the trash. I love them on projects and tell friends to return the buttons if they want to get rid of the card–no questions asked. ;-)

22. Ruth G says:

Oh, Stacy, I love buttons, too! Pretty much if it’s got buttons or rainbows it’s been pinned by me, but I just don’t seem to have enough of the same color to create most of the wonderful projects. Thanks so much for sharing these smaller creations that might just work with the collection I have!!!

23. Susan says:

Thanks for sharing these fabulous cards Stacy! That button jar reminds me of my mom’s — and now I’m starting one too!

24. Linda Drake says:

I made a card and sent it along with a little poem I made up–
    From buttons and bows
    To ribbons and lace
    From cute and sassy
    To beauty and grace.

Happy Birthday

25. chriss blagrave says:

Thanks for all of the button inspiration, great projects!

26. LOVE your projects (and cute pooches!) fellow button hoarder! :)