Best Ever Rolls

Holly Best Ever Rolls

Holly Anderson

Good morning!

Still celebrating the holidays with your friends and family? With family comes food! One of my favorite foods in the winter is warm rolls. Mmmmm…. Is there anything better than that, really?

So I happened to be flipping through my copy of Paper Crafts Gourmet and spotted, and I quote, “Best Ever Rolls.” Intriguing. Here’s the recipe!

Best Ever Rolls

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 5-5 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. quick-rise yeast
  • 1 egg, well-beaten

Directions:

Heat milk, water and butter until butter is melted and liquid is very warm (120 to 130 degrees). While liquid heats, combine 4 c. flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Add liquid to dry mixture; add one egg. Mix well. Work in remaining flour as needed, a little at a time until dough is no longer sticky. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Shape into smooth ball, and place in lightly oiled bowl. Oil top of dough lightly; cover. Let rise about 30 minutes in a warm place.

Punch down dough and divide into 4 balls; cover again and let rest 10 minutes. Form into rolls and place on greased pan, lightly oiling tops. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees until lightly golden, about 15-17 minutes. Brush tops with butter after removing oven to keep them soft.

I’ll have to try these soon. I mean, they look good, right?

PCMB 080037 B4R Best Ever Rollspinit fg en rect gray 20 Best Ever RollsCombine with a sweet basket and cute handcrafted tag and you have the perfect gift!

PCMB 080037 B4a Best Ever Rollspinit fg en rect gray 20 Best Ever RollsCheck out Paper Crafts Gourmet on our online shop! Plus, right now at our Scrap & Paper Shop, all e-books are $9.99! (Now until 12/30.)

Thanks for checking in!

Holly Signature Best Ever Rolls

P.S. Guess what? Next week is Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters, Vol. 2 week! Make sure to check back with us for peeks into the issue and several chances to win!

This entry was posted in Paper Crafts Gourmet and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Best Ever Rolls

1. Helen F. says:

Ohhh, those rolls look so yummy~will definitely try those! Thanks for the recipe, Holly! Sweet tag idea for the basket too :)

2. Debbie Vasel says:

Can’t wait for next week”s Practical Solutions — until then, I just may have to try these rolls :)

Those look like delicious rolls! Will be trying those this weekend, for sure.

Do you know why I have a bread machine? Because I love, Love, LOVE the smell and taste of freshly baked bread! : )

4. Lenora Neswood says:

I will try to make these rolls.

5. Lucy Schmidt says:

I can almost smell them. It’s time for bed, so I hope I can sleep…or will at least have good dreams about yummy rolls. My few attempts at making bread weren’t too successful, but one of the things I remember most about my childhood is coming home to a table full of homemade rolls my mother had made. They didn’t last long, that’s for sure, and they looked just like these.

6. Kathy Mc says:

Yum ~ they look like the best-ever rolls. How cute is that basket and tag? TFS, Holly!

7. There is NOTHING better than the smell of baking bread … and this recipe looks easy peasy! thanks for sharing!

8. web money says:

What’s up, I would like to subscribe for this web site to obtain latest updates, thus
    where can i do it please assist.

9. Leslie S. says:

Okay this recipe looked so good I had to try them. I made them yesterday and they really are the Best Ever Rolls! My DH ate six of them with dinner! And this was my first ever attempt at homemade rolls! I would definitely recommend them!

10. You can even find certain thigh-toning workouts that can be done as you work.
    Also understand that the best way to get rid of belly fat is
    the best way to get rid of any fat. Tighten inner thighs by running after performing 3
    sets each of squats, lunges,leg lifts, and side leg lifts
    (if possible do these exercise with weights to increase their effectiveness).

11. I was extremely pleased to uncover this page. I want to to
    thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!!
    I definitely really liked every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to look at new things in your blog.